Friday, June 09, 2006

Now signing on again...

hiyee! it's been a long time since i've last posted here in this blog.. whoa! about 5 months huh.. hmm, a lot of things had happened already for the past few months. Well yeah, I was able to go home in the Philippines. I had so much fun there.. Ok let me recall some of my activities there, hehe.. super saya kase.

hmm.. first day, no doubt i had a jet lag, jed lag daw sabi ni hiyas lols.. then on my first night there, i had a gimik with my batchmates, sobrang saya ko na nakasama ko ulit sila after 6 months. Oh before that, of course nagkita muna kami ni Jed. And that was a surprise. I really didn't know that he would go there sa condo ng pinsan ko (where i stayed). He told me that he really couldn't make it, coz he was really sleepy.. coz he had a night duty the night i arrived (7pm-7am), plus he had a meeting. So around 2:00pm after his duty, he told me he's on his way home and their meeting had just finished and that he was so sleepy. So i told him that it's ok that we meet the next day.. Because of that, i texted Angge and Colet to go in Rob so that we could meet, and it's good that they agreed.. Soo i was done with fixing myself and waited for Angge who was caught in traffic. Colet will be late daw.. My cousin also had a duty (med - clerk) so i was left in condo alone. It was not yet 5 min after my Ate Ron left the unit, when the doorbell rang. I said to myself, "may be ate ron left something, so I took a look at the peep hole and was really surprised that it was JED!!! hahaha.. Sooo funny, I was surprised to the point that I was not quite nervous and shy anymore on how to face him again after 5 months of being away. phew!!! So there at last he was the first person i've come to see among others aside from my cousin. I was really happy...Oh part of the surprise was a bouquet of flowers and my huggable stuff toy - a bear.. how sweet, hehe.. ganun talaga ako, easy to please nang mga ganung bagay.. =)


Then we met with Angge and Colet and ate in Dencio's. Jed went home after dinner coz he was soo sleepy. We girls did our thing - fixed ourselves and went directly to Sams.. Ted, Pau, Jerry, Ed, Hiyas were also there. We had shots of beer, and oh my God, I was not used to drink beer anymore, so for that night, i think i had just two.. haha! And sobrang antok na ako, na nagyayaya na akong umuwi kahit mga 2am pa lang. di ko na talaga kaya, wala pang tulog eh.. I've had a good time with Jay and Bjay too, with Cla and other batch 2006 pips who were there also.. It was a day and night full of blast indeed!!! =)


Preparing for NCLEX was also one of my goals there in Manila. I stayed there for almost 3 months. In January 30, I started with NCLEX review with Sir Gapuz. It was a good review, at least I had my time occupied and it made me become more confident with the upcoming exam. Even though that time I still didn't have my ATT, the fact that I was reviewing made me excited to take the exam. For me it was really a challenge.. and of course, I can't wait to become a US-RN too. lols.. It was nice too that I've got to meet some friends there in the review. The whole time of our comprehensive review, I was there in front, and it was a privilege since i was able to pay more attention to the lectures and not get bored at all.

In mid-March, Jed and I went to Boracay, the highlight of my stay there, hehe.. Yeah it was summer there already so we hit the beach. Ted invited us too in his hometown in Mindoro, it sucked at first knowing that only Yas and I were the ones who's going among the UPians he invited, but boy we did have fun in Mindoro.. We also went to Galera, Yas and I experienced the banana boat.. It was my first time being thrown that way in the sea. haha..

Then Chippy sponsored me to go home to Marbel. That was my last week in PI, and I was grateful that I had been able to visit my hometown in South Cotabato. Seeing my relatives and the place where I grew up, after 4 years had made me missed it so much more. There were lots of developments. I've got the chance to also visit my high school, but sad to say there were no more students there because it was already their summer vacation. All in all I had a 4-day stay there in Mindanao.

Last days in Manila were quite sad. I really hate it when I'm leaving, especially that I'm gonna miss my friends and Jed. Hayyy.. All i was thinking of most of the time was that I will just go ahead of them here in the States, and I know that they're gonna come soon..

Now, I'm already here in Florida, and there were lotsa escapades when I arrived here last April 11. I was gotten trapped by the immigration in Minneapolis. Yeah it was really DARN experience. The officer may be doubted my stay here, that I was planning to become a TNT. Hell no, of course. The last thing on my mind was to become illegal here. Even though my family were already immigrants, there was no intention of me to stay illegal, coz the one would suffer later will be me. Anyways, to cut the story short, my I-94 was marked by that officer with no adjustment/extension/change of status. Hmmm... so, I think I really need to go home in Manila before 6 months of stay here. Let's see though.

My family and I, by the way, spent the Holy week in Texas. There were lots of Pinoys there and the Easter Sunday was fun. There were egg hunting, parlor games and most pinoys there were from my hometown. It was like meeting some good old friends that I haven't seen for so long. Tita Eileen got to roam us around Houston, and it got my interest to work there too. The hospitals were big and they were situated in the center of the city, in the downtown Houston. They were compact and for that it was like being in the biggest medical center(s) in US..

My birthday came, April 26 and lucky me I got my ATT on that special day. God really bestowed me a wonderful gift. I prayed hard for it and I was so grateful that He gave it to me. So I scheduled my exam for NCLEX on June 1. I had one month of studying seriously, so that was the one which preoccupied my time. On April 30, my parents threw a small party for me here at home, with some friends and relatives. Thanks to them too..

Finally... here's the biggest news of all!!! I PASSED NCLEX!!! WHEW!! I shut down at 75. Praise the Lord, He didn't let me suffer at all to answer more questions and He didn't prolong my agony because He let me knew that I passed after just 36 hours of waiting. =) Good enough huh? Prayers indeed are powerful, and whatever it is that you ask God, it will be given. Just put your faith in God, pray hard and praise Him for everything.. good or bad.

My next step? IELTS.. the English exam. I still have 3 weeks to go. I'm gonna start practicing next week. I'm not yet in the mood to study now, though I'm really really bored. Arighty, it's time for a goodnight sleep.

No comments: