Monday, June 12, 2006

on beauty pageants

I was surfing the net last night, and I have come across a site where it said that the Miss Universe pageant will be held here in USA, in LA particulary, this coming July 23 in Shrine Auditorium. Pageants always attract me since I was a kid, but I was never able to enter into one, because I was a very very chubby girl and uber shy. lols... Anyways, I wanna watch that search, because it's just in LA and the thought of supporting my fellow Filipina and UPian will be an exciting bullet for my summer. But mom said that it may take a lot of bucks from our pockets, which I think it would be, coz it's an international pageant. But come to think of it, it would really be a privilege to witness it right, imagine you would also have to dress elegantly. Ughh, I just miss dressing and fixing myself. When you are just bummed inside the house, there's no reason to try to groom yourself at its best. After you take a bath, you simply put on a big t-shirt and shorts. Yeah comfy but boring, especially if you feel that this becomes a routine for about a year. Ughhh!!!

Going back to the pageant, tickets will be going on sale soon at this site --
http://www.missuniverse.com/mainevent/tickets.html. Hmm... let's check it out then from time to time to see how much it is. Even though we're not watching. But who knows right? haha. asa pa..

I have this friend too, named Jasmin from Connecticut. Her myspace profile states that she's joining the Miss Teen Philippines USA in August, representing her state. It was in 1999 since the last time I saw her. I may ask her later if where is the competition. I hope she would win, coz she's beautiful and smart. I'm so proud of her.

No comments: