Wednesday, July 05, 2006

When boredom strikes

Wow, it's already July and I've been here in the United States for almost 3 months. Yet I can't work. If only I have already a social security number, I know a lot would want to hire me, because there's shortage of nurses. I just stare sometimes at my RN license. Yep, just staring at it as if some extraordinary voodoo will happen, and soon find myself keeping it again inside an envelope. It is frustrating. The same things happen everyday. It's merely a boring routine. I feel useless.

My stay here is temporary for now though, and it depends as to what the lawyer would instruct me to do. It's among the three actually. First, I could have my status changed to be an immigrant if I am still eligible for that Child Status Protection Act, using my approved petition through my parents; or second, I would apply for the VisaScreen in CGFNS, find my own employer and then change status; or third, I would go back home in the Philippines before my 6th month of stay here, which will be on October. I hope it's either the first or the second one, with greater favor on the first, for me to be able to get rid of that 2-year contract employers often require.

I really hope not the third, because I so wanted to start working here already to help my parents and for me to be somehow fulfilled, that I can be able to be of great service. Kaso lang hindi sa mga Pinoy =( I would want to work in Manila too, if I have no choice, for I know I can gain experience there, a very good one and of course I can help my fellow Pinoys (yup, really, lalo na galing akong UP, dapat talaga sana nagwork muna ako sa Pinas diba); and I know I have my friends there and of course my boyfriend. Mind you, I don't have friends here yet in Florida. No one to hang out with and to open up my problems with. My college friends are in Chicago- too far... so it's an added reason for me to get depressed because at times I feel alone.

But one most important factor that forces me to stay here in FL is my dad's condition. He's really sick, so whatever happens, it would be a slight relief for me to know that we're all complete here as a family. But if there's no choice, if however I will be sent home, it will be very fine too. But they must tell me now. I mean as early as this month and not to wait for October, because I wanna find work there as soon as possible and get started.. so that my time here will not be wasted.

My boyfriend Jed tells me that it's really tiring to work, and if I start working I would clamor for rest days. I know that. I heard that from a lot of people. But I've been a bum for more than a year already, and I think that's way enough. I have taken so much time for an after-graduation rest, and I don't feel right about it anymore. I need to move.

Oh but I cannot move until knowing what the lawyer would say. I hope he would call this week. I have done my part already - I have taken my NCLEX exam, which I have passed. I have taken my IELTS which I still do not know the result. Hopefully I will pass. And if the Atty tells me to apply for the VisaScreen, then I would be contacting again the OUR in UP Manila and asked them to send my transcripts in CGFNS. Ooops I think not! I have here an extra copy of my transcripts (TOR) and I am going to send it to them just to be sure. Because you know what happened? The last time I asked them to send the CGFNS my TOR, it was invalid because my birthday was wrongly typed. Ugghh, that really was careless and a waste of money because it cost P1000 to send that document via LBC. Plus I am already shy to ask my cousin to follow it up again for me.

So anyways, here I'm bored again. Then may konting tampuhan pa kami ni Jed kagabi. Ako pala, hehe. That's another disadvantage of being bored. I keep thinking about him who is so busy there in Manila with his duties, that sometimes I feel he doesn't have time for me. I admit that I have to understand that he's busy. You can't blame me, selosa kase ako, hehe. I keep trying not to complain anymore but sometimes it just gets on my way. Long distance rel is just difficult, especially if one is bored (like me). But I still stick with it, because I keep thinking that after a year or a year and a half, he'll be here already, and kase mahal mo naman diba. Kahit magastos sige pa din. hehe.. Buti sana kung may work na ko noh. Hay buhay.. Pero mag-one year na kami this July 28. YIPEE!!! Yihee, pero ni minsan di pa kami nagcelebrate ng monthsary together. Haha! tsk! Yup, because it's either he has a duty (when i was in Manila) or I'm here away from him. Pero sad lang din kase ni minsan hindi nya naaalala. Nagulat nga sya na 11 months na kami nung June 28 =( Ako muna magreremind o mauuna magreet. Ayun lang, share ko lang.

Tomorrow, we'll be going in Orlando - July 6 to July 11. At least I'll be on a happy vacation with my family. Disney time again! I just hope the weather is good because for the past few days it's raining here. I already packed my things last night and I bought two phone cards a while ago so that I could call Jed anytime there. Aryt, c-yah!

No comments: