Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Orlando Vacation - part 2

I'm going to continue sharing our escapades in Orlando. We spent another whole day in MGM-Studios on our third day there, where it was like we're exploring Hollywood. Here you will find how Disney movies were shot. It would give you idea about the behind the scenes of some movies, the making of the stunts and many more.

I'm proud to say that I have dared to ride the Aerosmith roller coaster, coz I just hate roller coasters. But I seem to pretty enjoy it now, and I think I just had more guts with my siblings, lol. I missed Indiana Jones and Who Wants to be a Millionaire this time, because one whole day was not enough to finish the park. My strategy was that I'll try first the new ones, then skip some of the rides that I have tried before. I know 7 years were long enough, but I can still remember what rides were good. Of course, one of my favorites was the Tower of Terror!!! I love that thrilling ride, where you will be moved up and down the 13 floors of an elevator, uncontrollably and at random. Chiqui and I also loved the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It's a musical show, which imparts to us the story of Ariel.

Here's few of the shots I've got from some of the attractions in the park.



These were some of our photos there. MGM-Studios is more about theatre.. learning about movies, the history of walt disney, how cartoon characters are made, etc. So if you're into film and its reviews, you must go here.



At night time, we went to Downtown Disney. The place was really nice. There you can go shopping, dine on your favorite restaurants like Rainforest cafe. Legoland is there too, plus they have the new Cirque du Soleil (a circus show, but too bad it was really expensive). They have there the DisneyQuest indoor interactive theme park. Of course, how will I forget the Pleasure Island, where the chains of clubs is located. House of Blues is there and a lot of cool bars and restos that play music. Generally this place is for entertainment and for those who want to party in the wee hours.






My cousin Sherrein, who is also 22 years old, was supposed to join us in this Orlando trip. However, her car broke in Tallahassee, so she wasn't able to make it. So our plan to go clubbing in Pleasure Island was definitely cancelled, and if you'll ask why I can't go with my sister and her friends... Well they're just 16 years old, and I am the only 21-and-above among the children. =( Pag ikaw nga naman ay tumatanda na.. hehe.. May be next time though.

No comments: