Saturday, July 29, 2006

Risk for hopelessness if I can work here for good

Nursing Diagnosis: Risk for hopelessness if I can work here for good

S

- the CGFNS agent said that it would take 6 weeks before my Visa Screen can be processed plus its issuance
- the hospital and the lawyers said that I need to have my Visa Screen certificate before they can file for the adjustment of status

- verbalized anxiety, "Sometimes I feel I'm hopeless. Wahhhh!"
- verbalized that "Everything is okay actually, except for that Visa Screen!"

O

- my I-94 in my passport states that I can just stay here in US until October 10, 2006. If I haven't changed my status before that date, i have no choice but to go home then in Manila
- I still have about 70 days to go


A
- r/t the lengthy waiting for the VisaScreen Certificate

I
- Prayed... lots of prayers
- Called the CGFNS, and is still calling from time to time, making kulit to them
- Wrote my lawyer & asked if I can extend my status instead, had my VisaScreen be delayed which would make me ineligible for adjustment of status
- verbalized feelings to family and friends... to you fellow bloggers (lol..)
- identified and developed positive coping mechanisms
- engaged self into diversional activities, i.e. watching dvd, swimming, reading
- developed contingency plan, as was suggested by my friends.
- ensured safety

E

- still waiting for positive feedback from CGFNS and lawyers
- verbalized that "I hope that time flies fast so that I don't have to wait this long."
- verbalized that "In any way, I'll still have to work - whether here or in Manila. So I'm looking forward to know what's in store for me. At least I can work now. I'll not be useless anymore. *grin*"
- Acknowledged that the things that would happen may be the best for me.
- Evaluated contingency plan, which contains plans to work in Manila for about a year if it must be necessary that I go home there.. So far, it would work.
- safe and absolutely stable! hehehe..

2 comments:

nikki said...

hi, i'm also a Pinay nurse waiting for a US work VISA (i already have the VisaScreen, thank God:).. my mom lives in Florida.. So we have those things in common, hope we can be friends!

nikki said...

P.S. Nver lose hope!!! darating din yan;)