Thursday, July 27, 2006

another great movie - another great lesson

It caught my eye yesterday to rent the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, since I have heard that it was really good. I just wondered why I have not watched this yet, since I am always updated with good movies. haha. May be I was busy with school that time (2003), lol.. *palusot eh noh*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The movie has a good cinematography, and since it's more of a chick flick and I'm easy to please, I have liked the movie. The sceneries in the movie are really good that it made me want to go now in Italy. The sunflowers there captivated my heart that it would be like I'm dreaming if I was there. The historical places... everything the camera had captured is magnificent.

Generally, it's about moving on (can relate ba? hehe) since Frances (Diane Lane) just got a divorce and she's been trying to find herself, trying to seek chances amidst the life's struggles and changes she has been undergoing in Tuscany. Her meeting of several people enabled her to know herself well and discover that she needs to love herself first before she can finally move on.

Some of my favorite lines were, "Regrets are a waste of time." "What is it about love that makes us so stupid?" "Unthinkably good things can happen even if it's at the end of the game. It's such a surprise." There's more catching dialogues in there. If given the chance, I would like to scan the book itself, if not read it.

It's also amazing that at the end of the movie, she has still received her wish(es) - that a family is to be borne, a wedding ceremony is to occur in Bramasole. Later though has she realized all of these, which happened not necessarily involving herself primarily, but her loved ones.

What I also like about this movie is that a happy ending fairy tale, like "and they live happily ever after," is not always the case. We could think that he's the one, but he's not. Then the next one, but again he's not. Sometimes we just have to accept that things can fall apart and that they are not meant to be, but we can still have a life. We can still be happy if we choose to be. I guess we just have to let things pass by, and leave the past to the history, which we can later on be happy about since we have learned a lot of things from it... And later on, unexpectedly, we will also find our prince charming... the one who's worth-waiting for.

No comments: