Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Orlando Vacation - part 1

Wow, that 6-day vacation in Orlando just seemed to be like a one-night dream, and now I'm back to my old lifestyle. But, I really had a good time with my family the entire vacation. Three of my sister's friends also came with us, as well as our 9-year old neighbor Danny.

Itinerary
July 06, Thursday - departed Coral Springs at around 4PM
July 07, Friday - Walt Disney's EPCOT
July 08, Saturday - Walt Disney's MGM-Studios
- Downtown Disney at night
July 09, Sunday - Walt Disney's Animal Kingdom
July 10, Monday - Walt Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
July 11, Tuesday - Go back home

We checked-in in Bonnet Creek Resort and good thing it's near the Disney Parks. The parks are just like 5-10 minutes away from the resort. We got a fabulous two-bedroom suite, with a big living room and kitchen, so we just felt like at home. The masters has a jacuzzi, but that was occupied by my sis and her 3 friends. My brother and Danny slept in the sofa bed in the living room; and my parents, I and my youngest sis were on the other room. Once we got there, we jumped to the hotel's swimming pool and explored the area. We found out that we can play pool and table tennis. They have miniature golf course and fitness center, plus you can have free internet access in their WIFI area with also two available computers there.

(I'll post some pics below, just click to enlarge)






My family

We planned to visit Epcot, MGM-studios and Animal Kingdom Parks, because we seldom go to those parks. It was the Magic Kingdom that we have always gone to before, because we were still kids back then and we wanted to see the famous castle, the Disney characters and experience a lot of rides. But I guess when you grow older (haha!), you'll just want to have sight seeing with few good rides. Magic Kingdom here in Orlando is like the Disneyland in Japan and California too, so a different itinerary this time will suffice and Chiqui, my youngest sis (8-year old), has not tried the three said parks. It will be our first time too, all of us, to go to Animal Kingdom.

Epcot was our first destination for the Disney Park, and I was excited, because I have always had a memorable trip with it, last 1990 and 1999.




They have several new attractions this time, and my favorite was the Soarin' where you will experience a sort-of-real flight around California's famous destinations. In Epcot, it's more about the wonders of the world. One can learn about space, the Earth, history of communication. And the best part? You can explore the cultures and cuisine of 11 countries in its World Showcase - Canada, UK, France, Morocco, Japan, USA, Italy, Germany, China, Norway, and Mexico! Yes, you will have a hard time to choose where to eat and buy souvenirs from. I wish Philippines was there, hahaha! May be someday.. I really like this feature of Epcot, because I felt like I was traveling around the world in just one day.


In Canada with the Parliament on the background

Danny and Chiqui in UK



These are Italy, Germany, Mexico and France



USA!!!

in Norway, aboard the ship of the Vikings;

I'm in China!

This time with the famous Monet in the French countryside

In Morocco baby!


Then the famous illuminations at 9PM was definitely magnificent.






About the weather, it really rained hard during the Epcot trip, that we have decided to buy raincoats, because it would be frustrating not to enjoy the park if you would just stay on the shade. So rain or shine, we have managed to move around the park.



Okodoki... I'll just continue sharing my vacation trip tomorrow, 'coz I'm soo sleepy already.. *yawn* lol.. Ciao! Hope you all have a good time there. Nytnyt!

1 comment:

Jigs said...

WOW! The pictures look amazing! I wish I had a six day vacation with my family too!! It looks like so much fun! I so jealous right now! :)