Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lately...

Last week was really complicated. A lot of things had happened. Bad and good. But now, things are getting a bit fine, but honestly, I'm not happy. This would take time may be. But I hope this feeling won't last long.

It was Sunday when there was a family gathering here at home. Unexpected spontaneous gathering. Actually I was inside my bedroom sleeping, when my lil sister knocked, and told me that I should go down because there are visitors. She didn't tell me who they were, and to my surprise, it was my cousin ate marlo and her family. They came to visit my dad. So there, I shared my problems with her, then caught up with what's happening with each of us lately. It was nice. Soon, my other uncle came with my cousins. Then my other aunt and uncle and another cousin. Those were really good times. Very awesome in such a way that we didn't plan it, there's no occasion at all. My aunt brought suman and brownies. Then we ordered 2 large boxes of Pizza from Dominos and some garlic bread. Very nice indeed! They already went home past 10PM.




That same night too, my friend in LA and I talked on the phone until 4AM. Yeah, it was a great conversation, talking about anything.. those that concern us.. our rants and ramblings in our lovelives.. anything. Then it came to a point that I was convinced that it is okay to send my ex-boyfriend a text message, and so I did, and in the morning he also replied. Gaaad, I was soo happy to hear from him even if it's just one message. So it feels that we're okay now, not as lovers aright? But as good friends. I hope that we'll keep in touch no matter what. But honestly, it's also hard hearing from him, knowing that we're over.

*****

Okay change topic... the next day, at around 9AM, the nurse recruiter from the hospital where I applied called me, if I can have my second interview that same day at 2PM. Whoa! I was stunned because it was pretty fast. So after I confirmed, I dressed up and we're off to Miami again. Remember I slept at 4AM? I was soo sleepy yesterday. I was actually interviewed by the nurse manager of the unit this time. She's a Filipina too, a graduate of Silliman University, but she has been here for so long that I didn't hear her speak with me in Tagalog. She asked me what made me choose nursing, gave me a few case studies (orally answered), asked me regarding some medications. Ugghh, I was really tensed because I kept on recalling my nursing internship in PGH, and that was still last year. She asked me about the cases I've had in ICU and Med-Surg Ward. Wahhhh!!! I totally forgot, and what stuck on my mind was that Chronic Renal Failure patient I had in CENICU for my Medical paper, and also that Myasthenia Gravis patient. She also asked me regarding chest pain, the meds, the ECG readings. OMG!!! It was just my confidence that made me answer the questions. And also honesty... I was honest that I forgot my other cases. Talking about being bangag and all. hahaha! Oh well, I survived anyway. She told me her expectations and that nursing here in US is entirely different from that in Philippines.

I think I got hired. She also showed me around, introduced me to some staff. I saw a lot of Pinoys! YEY!!! My shift, if ever everything will work out, would be 7PM to 7AM. She told me that I would have no worries about the training and classes, because they provide those. I need to get the BLS and have the CPR card to start working. Sigh.. If only God permits that my petition will be processed and if I can change my status before October 6, then I can work there. There's no problem with workplace now because that hospital is already there. So, one down. I have an employer! YEY!!! It'll just be the papers.. Wahhh. Fingers crossed.

My unit by the way, if God permits, will be on the 8-Maine of that 935-bed capacity hospital. It's a Med-Surg telemetry. The nurse manager said that their telemetry unit there in 8-Maine is like ICU in the Philippines. That 8-Maine unit is a 48-bed capacity and it's a VIP unit. It's one of the units in that hospital where it has around 17 beds that are good for exclusive payment. What I mean is that a patient that occupies one of those 17 rooms has to pay the room out of his own pocket, and cannot be charged to the insurance. These 17 bedrooms range from $300 to $700 per night. And you know what struck me the most? OMG, she related that their patients there are mostly politicians and celebrities. No way?!! Yes way... Because this hospital is just across Miami beach, where celebrities flood too. Crap! That would be really scary. I mean for my first job, if God permits, that would be too large to comprehend. But I'll just pray that God will give me the strength to do such tough job responsibly. Oh the maximum patients we would handle, had I heard it right, are 6 patients.

Along with that, I also realized why I was assigned in 7th floor RCB of PGH for two months during my senior hospital internship. That 7th floor RCB is the VIP ward too of the PGH, and our patients there were the directors and deans of UP (and other schools), medical doctors, anesthesiologist, head and chief nurses. That experience really challenged me as a nursing student before. These well educated patients would ask me this and that and I had to stretch my mind. Now it's really true that there's a reason for everything and you will just find it pretty soon.

I'll still have to wait for the call of the nurse recruiter if what's the next step. I hope I'll get hired and that the papers will be the only one lacking. If not, then it would be alright. I know I did my best in the interviews.

That night too (Oh, it was just last night), my cousins and I hung out again. We watched Glory Road and School of Life. They're pretty good movies. We went home already at around 1AM, and I even got lost while driving, coz I was really sleepy. haha! So, I immediately went to bed.

Finally.. this morning, my ex-boyfriend (it's weird i'm using this now) or let's say.. my friend and I texted again. He said he's happy for me for that job, if ever all come out well. He was the first one to know, 'coz I want him to. There was also some admittance, but there's no more romantic relationship that evolves. Rather, there is friendship that no matter what happens, we're always there for each other. Sounds familiar? hehe. But yeah still miss him, but I'm more fine now. *tears*sniff*sniff* then SMILE =)



*****
Addendum:
Nurse recruiter called at around 4PM, told me that he already passed my papers to the lawyers. Ahhhh!!! This is it! Just the papers! Yey!!! =) I'm excited! I know it would take a while, but my hope is heightened. Thank you Lord! =)

No comments: