Tuesday, October 03, 2006

being a scapegoat

Five days ago, I checked my Yahoo inbox, and to my surprise there was this e-mail address from a stranger with a subject "PSST...." So I opened it and it was a hate e-mail. She was accusing me of flirting to a taken person, more probably with her boyfriend. I was like, "WHATTT?" She said, "baka sumaya ka pa ulit ha, katrina. magtira ka naman ng kahihiyan sa sarili mo & MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" Gaaad, what the heck is she talking about? I replied of course, I would not let myself be thought of as a coward, and in the first place, I don't really have any single clue as to what she's been saying to me.

In my first reply I was calm, because it might be a wrong sent e-mail. She might meant a different Katrina, and I wasn't even used to be known as Katrina in UP Manila. I am always called there as Kating. Oh by the way, she was from UP Manila too, a graduate of the College of Pharmacy specifically, because her e-mail address bears uppharm along with her initials. But I don't know her. So I searched for her in friendster, and I found her, but I have to satisfy myself with her small primary picture because her profile is exclusive for her closely connected-friends. But still I can recognize her and I realized that I haven't met or known such girl.

Going back to my first reply, I asked her if she's sure that I am the Katrina that she's referring to, and I even pointed out to her if how would I flirt and with whom, because I'm here in the States and I'm being discrete the whole time.

Last night I found myself reading her next reply, but this one really made me sick. I really thought she was mistaken, but her reply was this, "i know. andyan ka nga sa florida to flirt, diba? katrina espanol, ikaw nga! di ko alam kung bakit hindi succesful ang lovelife mo pero sana di ka maghanap ng idadamay. ako din nanahimik pero ikaw nang-iistorbo. i need not elaborate more on this."

After reading that, I pressed the Reply button and began typing. It was so unfair, being accused and being thought of something that you are not. I emphasized to her that I'm here in Florida to find a work and to be with my family and NOT to flirt, that I don't have time for that flirting things that she keeps on telling me, because my priority is my family and to be able to have the job and established career. I asked her, "Sino ba ang boyfriend mo in the first place, and in what way kita iniistorbo?" She really needs to elaborate on that beause I have no idea with it, and I'm not acting like a fake innocent, because I am really innocent with it. Damn! I even told her to watch out the words that she's using, and she should be wary of the things she's been saying all along, that she makes sure that she says them right. And how would I flirt here and with whom? I don't even have guy friends here to flirt with in the first place. I mean I'm always at home, then the guys that I know are just my cousins, my brother, my dad, uncles, and some family friends that I am not even really close with. Ugghh, my blood pressure was reaching its peak.

Furthermore, I told her not to dare talk about my lovelife and not to dare say that it's not successful. Having no boyfriend at the moment does not entail that one's lovelife is not successful. I mean I'm happy with my status now and I'm not looking. Besides, she doesn't have any idea what I had been thru to just simply blurt that out, and I really told her that I had been happy with my past relationships, so she has no right to say what she has said; and that she should first decipher every word that she's about to tell me before uttering it.

She's too much. I can't handle her. Before pressing the send button, I checked her friendster profile again, and her primary picture this time was a shot of her with her boyfriend. I just laughed, because I don't even know who the guy is. Hahaha! I consulted my friend Max about this, and he told me that there may be another Katrina with the same surname as mine, but I said "Nope.. The girl even checked my friendster profile too." The heck right? I texted some of my friends too about her, and they told me that they don't know her. I just burst into a laugh when they told me, "Maganda ka kase, baka may crush sayo yung boyfriend nya." haha! Sigh. I think I said enough to the girl after I told her, "By the way, I just saw your friendster's primary pic and yung baby/boyfriend mo, di ko kilala.."

Let's wait and see then, if she would still reply. Some things are just crazy, that you don't even know that someone hates you already. Well at least this girl informed me, but it's just that it was ALL wrong... She hated me for the wrong senseless reason.

3 comments:

ravishingkat said...

yeah true! ewan ko kung pinagtripan ako, pero pwede rin, kase di ko talaga sila kilala eh. hay naku, bahala na, basta alam kong hindi ako nakikialam sa kanila =) thanks rob! ingat! :)

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't even pay attention to her. you don't know her, none of your friends know her. she's picking a fight with herself. Let her.

ravishingkat said...

@ jordan: well yeah, i already said enough to her..

@ rho: haha!talaga sis? o noh, magsasawa rin sya. nagsawa na nga ata, di na rin nagreply sakin.. hehe. wala lang man apology?! hmmphh.. hindi.. ok na sakin yun, basta tapos na. mabait naman ako eh at hindi ako nagtatanim ng galit.. at alam kong nagkakamali tayong lahat. sana eh nalagay na sila sa tahimik ng kanyang baby/bf. hehe :)