Saturday, September 30, 2006

Idle, idler, idlest

I'm quite lost these past few days. Or may be I'm just being impatient. My idle moments were spent on thinking about how bored I am, that I still have three months to spare before I can finally work. Well, cross your fingers with me that by January 2007, I'll be able to start working legally in the hospital... (Thanks for that! *smiles*) But yes, three more months - October, November and December of I-don't-know-what-to-do-coz-I'm-so-bored. What am I gonna do on those months? I cannot be the family driver anymore like I have been for the past few months, because unfortunately, the expiration of my Florida driver's license is just 11 days away from this date. If you ask why, it's due to the fact that my entry here in US is supposed to be just until the 11th of October, so the term given to me (in my driver's license) has been based all along from that.

By the way, I haven't updated everyone that my petition as an RN was finally filed to the immigration last week (YEYYY!!!), so I'm not going home anymore in the Philippines come this Oct. 5. On the other hand, my plane ticket to Manila will no longer be useful. I have a choice to have it rescheduled before this Oct.5, but I should fly on or before April 11, 2007. However, I chose to cancel it (unfortunately it cannot be refunded), because I have to pay around $250 for the rescheduling, and I don't wanna risk that, since I'm quite sure I couldn't come back there by April 2007, once I already start with the employment.

Going back to my being in the state of boredom, it reached me a point this week to call and e-mail some of my friends and relatives here in the States, those that reside in New York, Texas, Chicago, and of course here in Florida. I solicited their help if they know some sidelines that I can have (mga side-kicks, hehe). Who knows, they know someone and I'm willing to see some options. Actually I prefer either in New York or Chicago because those are the states I know that provide the best access to public transportation, like subways and buses, because as I have said my driver's license is soon expiring.

Several of them responded. My tita in Texas told me to hang on for another three months. She said that I did it for six months, why not three more. Well it's because those six months had been busy. Imagine, I arrived here April 11, 2006. April 11-17, I was there in Texas for the holy week. April 26 - it's my birthday, and that was also the time I had received my Authorization to test (ATT) for NCLEX. So, for the entire May, it was review time for the state board exam. June 1st - I took the exam and I passed *smiles*. The next step was taking the IELTS by June 29, which I passed too *smiles again*. So come to think of it, May and June were pretty toxic months for me to finish all the exams I needed.

On the other hand, July consisted of summer days. That meant vacation days in Orlando with the family. Then the rest of the month were spent finding for a job, having interviews with the employer, and getting really psych about the job offers.

August had been more fun, with the first two weeks being occupied by my application for the VisaScreen and the medical exam errands. My cousins were here, so we have gone to the clubs and to the beach. The last two weeks comprised of my trip to Chicago and the hangover I had with the latter. By far, it was the best month among the six that I had here in the States since April!

September seemed to be just fine. Time was consumed by my following up for my VisaScreen and settling the paperworks with the lawyer for the petition. I had also been sending and picking up my siblings to and from their schools. So whatever it is, I had been doing something for this month. What's best in this September too was the most-awaited filing of my petition, as I've said above; and with that it made me more optimistic to the 90%, that I can receive my working visa, before the year ends. Again, that will be if God permits it to happen.

Okay, okay... I'm sorry for stretching you too far by my flashbacks, but stay with me. Are you still here with me? hehe. I hope so. Anyways, going back, my friends in Chicago also gave their options that I can stay there with them too until January. But they have to ask still if they can offer me something. I might do what Alex has been doing. I can't help but get excited because if ever I'd choose to go there, then I can spend winter there and not be lonely at all when my whole family go home in the Philippines by Christmas. My mother by the way gave her yes to me so I'm just waiting for the go signal of my friends.

New York is being considered too, but my relatives discouraged me because it's complicated to find options there and what might they offer me might turn out to be depressing in the end. Then I was also thinking that I am not really close with my relatives there (my second degree relatives), and my cousins there are not with my age group. Hmmm, but still, there are times that I wanna risk it, because I wouldn't know unless I'll try, right? hehe. There must be some adventure here, and I'd like to savor one. It would help me to become more independent and be more ready for the upcoming job by January. It would be a warm-up. Hehe.

Here in Florida, I asked a friend. I haven't met him in person yet, only his parents. He's a Filipino too, and I just took chances by asking him thru YM if he can help. He replied fortunately, and asked me a while ago if he can contact me so he can give the details on what he has gathered. Wow, he's pretty fast and that's a good sign. So for now, I'll just wait for his call. I hope it would be a good option, so that I wouldn't have to leave FL to keep me occupied for the three months. Nevertheless, I am still determined that I'll spend my Christmas in another state, with friends. My choices? -- Chicago (with my college classmates), Texas (with my Tita) or Maryland (with Via). Oh, let's add Connecticut (with family friends that I already miss. The last time I saw them was in 1999. That was in Dec too, and Christmas there with bunch of Filipinos was amazing!)

So there, I'll just update you what would happen next. Well if none of these works, then I guess the least that I can do is just wait... again! I hope it wouldn't be that bad as I often think it would be. I'll just look forward to the 50th birthday of my mom, on Oct. 24th (the party is on the 21st), a wedding party of a friend on the 26th I think, then Halloween on Oct. 31st. On the month of November, it's Thanksgiving of course, then Christmas season on December. Yeah, I know it's not that bad. Actually I have another reason why I need to do something. I told you Christmas is just two months away! I need some $$$!!! hahaha!!! That's the other side of the coin, I admit. And trust me, it gets boring lately. I'm so bored, so bored, so bored! I can't drive soon, and I have to find a way to get out of the house. Yeah, I'm not the type of person who can stay in the house for days doing absolutely nothing. I must be productive you know.

Okay, Adios for now! =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

kaya dapat magupdate ng madalas para hindi humaba ng ganoon ang post.
:)

ravishingkat said...

hi xienah! haha! well nag-uupdate naman ako nang madalas. mahilig lang talaga akong magkwento at yun ay napapahaba pag ako'y ginaganahan.. hehe. besides, i just wanna rant thing out. in that way, i feel better! it's like releasing some toxic things outa here.. ayt, tc! =) thanks anyways!

jaiskizzy said...

musta na katwoman?

ravishingkat said...

hello kuya jai! ok naman ako.. katwoman pa rin, hehe! eto forever antay sa work, but at least medyo maganda ang progress. konting tiis na lang talaga. =) ingat lagi!

ev said...

congrats kat!i know you will have a very long way to go!speeedooo girl!

ravishingkat said...

Thanks ev! Mga ganung simpleng compliment eh nakakatuwa, kase nakakainspire lalo.. :)

isko b. doo said...

god. you must be kidding when you said you were ravishing. no, no. you're a vision. :)