Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Three things

It's just Tuesday, yet I already have three things that I should be happy about for this week...
So far...

1. I got my work permit yesterday, Monday

- Yes, I received the envelope that contained my Employment Authorization Card. Finally right?! Finally, I have an Alien number and I can legally work. I'm off to the real world!

2. I have applied for my Social Security number today

- SSN is another requirement in order to work, for tax purposes. I'll get my SSN card in about 2 weeks. It will be mailed to me. Good thing that the line a while ago wasn't that long. I got attended in about 15 minutes.

*So with the work permit and SSN, I can claim my Florida Nursing license. May be in a month, I can get it, then start. I just have to inform my employer. Ha! It's exciting, yet scary. Actually, if I can request, I prefer that I'll just attend classes first for this year 2006, talking about completing the ACLS, BLS and ECG classes, so that it will be one step at a time, plus the holidays are coming. It scares me to death that I will be drowning myself immediately during those special occasions. Hence I really hope that I will just start with the real duties by January, so that it will be really a new year for me.

3. It's my Mom's 50th birthday today!!!

- GOLDEN year for my mom! She deserves to celebrate, which we did last Saturday (details in the previous entry). Since it's her birthday, I'd like to dedicate a piece of gratitude for her.

Well, my mom's the coolest and the best! (Of course each of us loves our own moms.) I really admire my mom for her hardwork for all of us. She has sacrificed a lot just to give us our needs & wants. Her love for us overflows that we won't be standing where we are now without it... without her. Seldom can you see moms and daughters who are very close with each other, and I'm so proud that we are among those. I mean I am the daughter who is an open book with my mom. Disclosing my dreams to her and sharing my colorful life and its escapades is not that hard. It makes the bond tighter. We also definitely shop together! Yeah, it's our passion, our therapy to this stressful world. My mom and I even share some clothes and shoes. Same taste!!! Yep, she doesn't look like 50 at all. She's game for what's in. She feels young and loving it. I so love my mom, that I wanna be in her place someday. I want to be as successful as her, a nurse so loving and caring, a wife so understanding, and a mother so cool!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I can't thank God enough for giving me a very loving mother.
Thanks to you Ma. We love you! Have a happy birthday filled with love!

3 comments:

ravishingkat said...

thanks sis! im so happy too. bait talaga ni Lord! :) at least things slowly come in their places.. hayy.. im lovin' it thanks din sa greetings for my mom. ingats!

Jigs said...

Its good to know everything is going the way you want it. A happy birthday din pala sa mom mo.

You know, you kinda look like Sam Oh from ETC. you know her?

ravishingkat said...

thanks jigs! :) si sam oh, hmm.. di ko kilala eh.. im not sure though kung sya yung iniisip ko for now. hehe..