Sunday, October 22, 2006

amiable week

Friendship week ~ Hmm.. that's the name I would give for this amiable week I had. Why? For the reason that I had surprised myself that I was able to talk to my closest friends (the barkada and the like) in Manila. Well, let's include my friends here in the States too, I mean I was so glad that I got to talk to my Chicago & Florida friends again, coz it's been a while too since we've updated ourselves of what's happening with each of us. Add to those list of friends, of course, my family and relatives, coz yep we have hung out too recently!

******

Okay, first and foremost, it's one of my kabarkada's (Liway's) birthday last Thursday, and her having a swimming party in her house was an opportunity to have conversed with most of my friends. Yup, I called them! *smiles* Ahhhh, it really felt good to hear from them, especially from Winnie, Angge and Jonats, whom I haven't talked to, for like forever. All of them seem working on their way to go here in US (Angge in Canada) - you know NCLEX stuffs and the like. I couldn't help but to get excited for them and so I convinced them a spoonful of optimism in their endeavors.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My college barkada/friends


Oh but there's this thing... I felt awfully surprised with what was said to me by one of my friends. When I told her/him, "Hey, I'm happy since I don't have to go home in Manila anymore, that I can already stay here because my petition has been filed," I didn't expect her/him to react in such a way that she/he would say, "Mabuti ba yun na hindi ka na uuwi dito? So hindi ka na talaga uuwi dito?" Well I don't really understand what she/he means by that, but with those words I felt that she/he isn't happy with the fact that sooner or later I can start working here. It's weird because all of my friends, but she/he, are glad that my staying here for good is a way closer to my dreams; and all of them too, but she/he, could envy me that I'm here already. Oh well, let's just say that she/he just reacts that way because nationalism is important. hehehe. (babawi naman ako balang araw eh.) But all I was just expecting from that talk was a supportive friend, who would feel glad as I am to what has turned out to be. And really for me, career and family-wise, staying here would be better. But hey, don't think that I'm mad with her/him, coz I'm not. Actually I realized I shouldn't be surprised at all, ganun lang pala talaga yun. hehe. Labo ba! Basta yun na yun.

******

My mom celebrated her 50th birthday yesterday (her birthday is on Oct. 24 though). A lot of visitors came, about 70-100 may be. It was a big party because it's her golden, so that means there's lot of foods... Filipino/Chinese/Italian foods. There's Palabok, Seafood linguine, Lumpia Shanghai, Lumpia Fresh, Chinese mixed vegetables, Menudo, Beef Steak, Steamed sweet and sour fish, Turkey (kaldereta way of cooking), Empanada, Rice, and the best of all... lechon, hehehe!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Two little pigs, hwehehe


Then the desserts were really good. I made a refrigerator cake. There's sapin-sapin, puto, suman, macaroni salad, brownies, fruit punch with almond jelly, too, then a variety of fruits, then my mom's 2-layered cake.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Awesome wasn't it? Actually, I haven't tasted everything. Hindi na kinaya ng bituka ko. hehe. There were a few leftovers, so for this coming week, I'm sure we would just be binging on the same viands.

It's great that my friends Dianne, Ate Carla and Janh partied with us too, so I wasn't bored at all. It was fun hanging out with them. We never ran out of things to talk. Moreover, several of my mom's friends (I really forgot who they were when they were talking to me) said hi and asked me about my status here, if I am working already. There's the same set of questions and of course I have the same set of answers. Lol. I just told them that I'm still waiting for my work permit.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Janh, Kat, Ate Carla and Dianne


Fun times with cousins too. My cousins Ate Marlo and Kuya Rudy (who have been married for 10 months already) announced that they bought a house. Boy, I initially thought they were having a baby, haha! Sayang! But I'm soo happy for them that finally they have bought one and it's still here in FL. At least no one is moving out of FL yet. (it's gonna be me who's goin to be the first one.. na-ah. just kidding) So there, we had a family picture before everyone went home. I can't wait til Thanksgiving (a month from now pa) to have another party with the family.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cousins...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Family...

So that's my week... I hope to have another great week again ahead of me. Kayo din! Take care! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she is sad about what u've said.. kasi di ka na nya makikita if that so malulungkot din ako, pag may friends ako di ko nakikita.. hai..

ate san ka pala nagwowork ngayon?

ravishingkat said...

well onga sabagay.. ganun nlang iisipin ko.. about work, well nagtututor ako for now, sideline.. ung real job eh soon na rin.. may mga kailangan pang aasikasuhin, pero parating na rin haha! thanks jen.. :)