Sunday, September 17, 2006

I so love my family

I so love this day.

I didn't know that things would turn out to be this great today. I spend time with my family everyday, and yes we're close with each other, but it seems everything has been a routine. But today? It's way different. I had a blast! Today's Sunday has been a terrific family day! It's just like the good old days back in the province in the Philippines when I was small... even better! Yeah way better! I didn't expect that we can be closer enough like this.

First thing in the morning, the whole family heard mass in St. Andrews. It's a good start for a sunny Sunday. Then we proceeded to the mall, and had a brunch, at Market Grill. It was a buffet, so everything has been good. After being full, my mom decided for us to walk around (for us to burn at least some calories) and do some shopping. It has been a while too since the whole family did some shopping together... I mean with my dad and that.

Oh yeah, my dad has been great these days that he doesn't look like he's sick or anything. He's full of energy, unlike before that he'd rather stay at home or just sit outside the stores and wait for us. But this afternoon, he shopped with us and even bought some stuffs for himself. I'm glad he's feeling so healthy. I hope it would be always like that.

Anyways, after strolling in the mall for like an hour and a half, we went home and my mom tried to get a nap. She came from her night duty before we heard mass, that's why she needed to get some sleep. At around 5:30 PM, my parents decided we go to the beach in Deerfield. It was really spontaneous and I liked it. I was like, "Yeah come on! Let's go!" The weather was good, and it was still sunny so we were off to Deerfield. In short, we had a joyride. Oh, we didn't swim if that's what you're gonna ask, because we just wanted to witness a relaxing view and do some sightseeing.

Deerfield is just like 30 minutes away from our city, but what we had was a long joyride since the street where the beach is located is a like a long endless road. We just took the sidestreet in going to and from there, since taking freeway would be a hindrance to enjoy the view.

So okay, we were there in the road by the beach. I didn't have any idea that that place had to be that appealing. I had really appreciated the beauty of South Florida... The scenery, it's beautiful! The houses, they are vast that you would wish you own them for their strategic location, which is in front of the beach and a lake on the backyard. How is that huh? Then several house owners there own a yacht and there are a few riding some jet skis. So it's obvious that one has to be a millionaire to possess such property and live in such place. I guess some houses there are owned by some famous actors. There are a lot of condominiums too and hotels there for the tourists. Now, I had a new spot where I can bring my friends when they go visit me down here in the South. It's really really near us so there's no hassle.

After that breathtaking drive, we went to my aunt's house to drop off our gift to my nephew Andrew. We stayed there for a while, then my mom asked us if we wanna go to Starbucks. Whew! I was surprised that my parents weren't even tired. So Starbucks here we come! We went there in The Walk. It's like a famous place too here in our city, where you walk.. haha just kidding (corny)! =) Well yeah of course you walk, but it's a place to hang out too, where there are shops and restaurants. More of like Eastwood in Metro Manila. Each of us had a frappucino then we strolled around and found a good place to sit.

Coffee time then became a bonding session time! I really enjoyed the talking with my sisters and parents. I haven't mentioned, by the way, that my brother Charles wasn't there, because he went to a hockey game with his friends. Anyways, we just talked about anything under the sun... the future of my youngest sister where in Bridget and I will be the ones who's going to finance her high school (in a private Catholic school) and college, hahah.... then how my sis Bridget wants to become a pharmacist and that I'll pursue Med, may be, coz I still want to, really! Then how exciting it will be if I'm working already, so I can treat my family to a trip to Europe or anywhere they want to. It was really a great conversation, one that we had a good laugh about.

We also talked about the upcoming trip to the Philippines. I don't wanna say "their" trip, because I'm still crossing my fingers that I could come home, even for just 10 days. They were really trying to make me jealous that they're gonna do the Simbang gabi there and eat puto bumbong afterwards, then they're going to Davao and Boracay after New Year. Hmmpphh... I hope my parole visa will be approved. If ever I would get into the work, I'll request that I'll start my work on January, so that I can spend time with my family without any preoccupations yet.

Moreover, I told my sister Bridget that whenever I have the chance to go home with them, I'm going to introduce her to my friends and for the two days that we are to be in Manila (Yeah, just two days though because we/they will just spend 18 days all in all in the Philippines), I (with my friends) would bring her to the famous bars in Makati, so that she can try partying, get a taste of Manila parties (and get some good drinks of course) there at the age of 16, hahaha! After all no ID is needed in PI and she looks older than 16, so there would be no worries. Plus plus plus, we can go shopping together in Greenhills for cheaper stuffs, then Gateway, G4 and Greenbelt, then to the Mall of Asia (where I have not been yet). It would be so nice to do that right? My sis is very excited too. Ha, how I really wish I can go with them. Please God, please, can it be my Christmas gift? Just a two-week vacation with my family? It would be so much fun! =)

So there, that's my extraordinary Sunday! I feel sooo lucky to belong to this loving family! They're such a blessing and I thank God that this day has been so wonderful that we left every worries behind and just enjoy the day like there is no tomorrow.

2 comments:

ev said...

taureans are family-centered...we will do everything for our family...we value a family...and we treasure moments with our family...nakakarelate ako sayo...taurus din kasi ako.

keep it up kat!

ravishingkat said...

@rho: thanks sis! yeah smiling is soo good! :) pala smile talaga ako eh, nasa nature na! hehe God bless u too!

@ev: very true ev.. and family is like a wealth already, nothing beats it. :) Let's keep it up indeed! =)