Thursday, September 14, 2006

happy here, so smile with me =)

This morning Colet texted me that she and Hiyas were partying out and she asked me if I wanted to call them. They're both of my closest friends in college and since I still haven't used that 20-minute monthly free call from TFC, I decided to dial Hiyas' mobile phone. It really felt good to talk with the two of them to the point that I haven't noticed that it was already past 20 minutes. hahaha! I ended up having around 24 minutes from that TFC, then I dialed Colet's mobile phone number using the regular land phone this time (which was not free) so I could talk to them more. I decided to utilize 30 minutes, and I guess my mom would not mind because it's just 30 minutes compared before when I was still with my ex, wherein I talked with him for like a total of 3-4 hours monthly.

Anyways, the girls were asking me if when will I come home in Manila, coz they've been waiting for me. They missed going out with me, and yeah I so admit that I really miss those two bruhas. I love them so much! They are the ones whom I share my secrets with, those deepest secrets you could ever imagine hahaha! We know everything about each other's lovelives and we share dreams whether they are realistic or not. It's just that we do hope we can achieve our dreams in life and to tell you, one of the craziest is to have the chance to party on each of the states here in the US. *big grin* YES!!! Nice huh?! We can do it.. We will do it! lol. Well, even before in Manila, we had already survived going out several times just the three of us against those big groups around us. But who cares, we were enjoying and we can talk anything we want.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kat, Colet and Hiyas


It's just comforting to know that we haven't lost our communication. Hiyas and I often e-mail each other, and take note: the e-mails we send each other are detailed, like if you're gonna print one, it will be more or less a 3-page e-mail. hahaha! Yeah, it happens like twice a month and it helps maintain our friendship strong. It's like saying "so near yet so far."

Colet was also asking me this morning if I still want to pursue medicine. Honestly, yes. I really regret it that I didn't take the NMAT when I was in college. What if I had taken it? I'm sure I am in Med school right now. Anyways, I told her that yes I still want to become a doctor, but not now, because I have to save money first to pay for the tuition. I was asked if where would I take it, but that I don't know yet. It would also be nice if I would take Med in Manila, because the tuition is way cheaper than having to take it here in the States, plus I would become a full time student there. But we'll see if there are opportunities to get some scholarship here, or may be once I'm already working, the institution can sponsor my med school provided that I will just serve them for like two years. One definite thing I'm determined of pursuing is that I'll have further study, be it in Med or Masters in Nursing (becoming a Nurse practitioner). I have this love for school and while I'm still young and my mind is still able of absorbing knowledge, why not, right? Colet wants to take med too, and she wants us to do it together... here in the States. Well, why not again? haha. I was also happy to hear her say that she was already preparing her Visa. I don't know what kind of Visa is she trying to get though, because she can get that one used by the politicians (since she's a councilor), or a tourist visa.

I wish we could have talked longer than 50 minutes. In our case, it was not enough. Imagine us talking non-stop, sharing stories, laughing and screaming!!! hahaha! But a while ago, I've shed a tear while telling my own story. Awww... I just miss them so much. Good for them they have the chance to hang out with close friends anytime. But me, the happiest chance that I can hang out with my close friends now is to hang out with them over the phone! Yes yes... conversing with them, at least, makes me happy for real. I can talk to my friends here in the States for unlimited on weekends and weeknights (9PM-8AM), and I got a 20-min free call to the Phils monthly. YEY!!! That makes me feel good.

But heyyy you... don't you pity me, ok? May be you would say that I got a shallow happiness. Nah! I pity you if you tell me that. It's because I have this view in life that in one thing or another, you can be happy. It's your choice if you want to be happy or not. If you think you can smile with what you have, then you won't be sad right? I pity those people who cannot find happiness with what they already have. Other times, you may feel incomplete, but you should not feel low about it. You have to look at the brighter side and later on you will realize that there's something to smile about. Sh*t happens too, but hey it's not the end of the world!!! Everyday is a new day. I know you have heard this several times, but take a chance to savor each morning. Each day is a chance to move on, a chance to realize that there are a lot of things that is worth smiling about. It's a chance to leave all your preoccupations behind. Otherwise, it's your lost for not making the day a good one.

Here in the States, I really appreciate the people greeting you whenever you buy anything from a store, or if you mail a letter in the post-office. They may be strangers too, but it isn't hard for them to say, "Hi, how's your day?" or "How are you today?" Then you'll end up smiling and say, "Hi! I'm good.." "I'm great"... "My day is awesome! How do you do?" Even if you're tired, you can still smile at them for greeting you. Then if you're about to leave, they're always saying, "Have a nice day!", "Have a nice weekend ahead of you." Those simple words can brighten up your day, right?

So there, I have my own way to be happy, and I feel good about it that I have a very positive outlook in life. Yes, sometimes I cry. I don't deny it. Crying is good, but just don't let it destroy your day or don't let it ruin you to the point that you get depressed. Okay? So smile!!! =) As for me, I feel lucky and happy that despite the distance, despite the time difference my friends and I have, I know that I have them at my back. Yes, I don't see them, but I'm sure they are there caring for me, they love me and they want to know and they want to be assured that I'm doing fine and that I'm not forgetting how to smile.

So my friends out there, i miss you terribly, but in a good way! Just wanna let you know that I'm doing good! And whatever it takes, I get the chance to make my day a happy one, and that I'm constantly smilin' =) So cheer up there youuu... It ain't bad at all, is it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ravishingkat, I hope you don't mind if i browse often here. I really like this site, your entries and your music are so good and inspiring.

ravishingkat said...

hi dolores! thanks so much for droppin' by.. i'm touched by your message... feel free to come back anytime and browse. =) have a nice day ahead of you. God bless!