Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Late Fall Escapades

I know it's been a while since I've last posted. Things got pretty busy lately this late fall. Well, busy in taking a vacation, hehehe. But apart from unwinding with my friends in Chicago (again after three months! I'll expound on that later), I've been dealing with my upcoming work, attending to the paperworks, going to Miami for the medical exam, taking an ocular survey of my soon-to-be crib... those sort of things.

Yeah before I departed Miami to O'hare Chicago last week, I've signed some paperworks in the hospital and I've seen my apartment already. But I'm still thinking if I'll get that room, because I am only allowed to stay there for quite a while. I still don't know but it will just be like 3 months. I'll call them tomorrow if 6 months will be possible. So yeah, I'm thinking that it will be a hassle for me to transfer again to some other flat soon, and since it's still unfurnished I need to bring a bed, a microwave, and some furnitures. Hence it is better if I find a place where I could stay permanently for like 2 years, and I'll be luckier if it's furnished. Oh well, if I really can't find an affordable place anymore for a short period of time (I need to move in by nov. 26), then I have no choice but to take that apartment. Actually it's really good since it's within the hospital campus and it's cheap (electricity included). I'm just concerned with the hassle that I'll be going thru and the additional expense, i.e. having cable & phone be connected.

Anyways, I've taken a short break in Chicago with my two kabarkadas Alex and Max, again!!! It felt so good to hang out with them for almost a week. The last time I was there was three months ago. Since we're on mid-November now, the weather was so cold there, that it seemed it's already winter. The temperature ranged from 30's-40's degree Fahrenheit. So we have to wear layers of clothes and jackets when going out. The weather is so tiring that you just wanna lay in bed and cuddle your pillow (or someone, hehe) all the time, since it's cold and it gets dark early... 3PM seemed like 8PM!

Since I've done most of my sightseeing last summer (which was a good time really to stroll Chicago, weather-wise), this time we spent days and nights together doing foodtrip, watching movies, some more foodtrips, window shopping, did an eventful clubbing and more more foodtrips. hahaha! Omg, the three of us actually gained weight. Seriously. We took a look of our photos last summer and have them compared to our newly taken photos, there's a big difference, lol. May be it's with the weather (weather weather lang yan!) hahaha! (palusot eh noh) But still we enjoyed eating! We dined in Sal & Carvao and it's amazing!!! It's a steak buffet and a sort-of fine dining resto, if you're a steak lover, it's worth the price! We had dinner in Todai (Japanese seafood buffet) twice too, and my boys devoured the oysters (panalo talaga!) Max and I also dined out in Joy Yee's (sayang wala si alex) and we ravished ourselves with their Tapiocas, some varied Asian cuisine. So, who would not gain weight with that? And oh, add some midnight snacks still! The condo we're staying at is near a pizza place and one night Max was craving and we went out just to buy 6 slices of pizza (big slices! lol) Then the next night, at the same resto, we managed to order more Italian foods - Mozzarella sticks, Lasagna and Quesadilla. Hahaha! Our rationalization? so that we have something to eat for breakfast; and our general rationalization for our ever foodtrip? we're gonna lose it when we start working (for me & Alex since Max has been working since then, lol) and we just seldom hang out together, so why not enjoy voracious eating right?! Hmmm.. sounds good rationale, so go go go! LOL. And now, I need to burn all those calories, eat less and exercise more. And so far, since yesterday, I'm doing well with my diet. hehe. And I bet those two guys are also managing to watch out what they're consuming.

Hayyyy.. I miss those two. The movies we have watched were the Borat and The Return. We laughed our asses off with Borat! Non-sense but really funny. The Return was just fine, not soo good. We didn't know why we had chosen it, hehe. And with regards to our clubbing escapade in Bamboo Room, I said it was eventful because there was a fight inside the club, and it wasn't just a fight. It was "madugo." Basag ata ang mukha nung isa eh. Damn! It was freaking scary, but this Max was enjoying the scene. Sira talaga! We went out of the club immediately, but then the people on the fight were on their way out too, so we were so close to them (Yikes!) What's scary wasn't the blood (sanay na sa duguan! hehe), but it was that may be the fight will get more intense, and yup it did actually outside the bar since the cops weren't there yet. It took a while before we were able to leave since we put the car on valet parking. Geez, there's even a scene that beer bottles were thrown and we're almost hit. It was indeed eventful huh, my first clubbing in Chicago. Not the last though. I'm going back, hehehe.

Sooo there, I still have a hang over now and I'm happy that I got to spend time with them before drowning myself into work soon. At least I have shared my rants and sentiments to my two close friends. I'm gonna miss them and I hope it won't take a long time before we'll see each other again. Good thing Chicago is just three hours away, and the fare from here in FL to there isn't that costly (mas mahal pa ang fare ng domestic flights sa Pilipinas, i.e. Manila to Gensan! Imagine!?) And I'm proud that an added change in the three of us is that we'll all be working RNs. I mean Alex and I got our work permits and all just this late October (Max is already an immigrant). Unlike three months ago, where one of our rants was that whether the two of us will be granted by the immigration a chance to work and that we won't go home in PI anymore. I guess our wishes were granted. Thank God. Well, I hope next time, it will be the two of them who's gonna visit me here. My treat that time of course.

Ok then, that's it for now... :)

3 comments:

Bernie said...

hey kating, i enjoyed reading your blog. great story, so cool! keep it up!

ravishingkat said...

hey berns, thanks thanks for droppin by, reading & commenting.. wow, i didn't know u also have a blog.. awesome videoblogs huh!? hope to see u pretty soon there in miami. ingat lagi.. :)

Bernie said...

hey kats,

you're welcome. it was nice meeting you! hope to see u again next time. cheers!