Wednesday, March 05, 2008

randomly written

Since I transferred to ICU, I got plenty of chance to have consecutive day offs, and it feels great! Yeah, I always work 3 days straight now, and then have longer offs, like 3-4 days off. One time I even got a 6-day off straight. Isn't it nice? If Philippines is only a drive away or even a 6-hour plane travel, I would not hesitate going home. I was thinking I can go out of state too, but I have no company. My friend Michelle is studying for her NCLEX. I wish her all the best for the exam. I know she'll do great.

Anyways, this is my fourth day off. I've been lazy for a while, just hanging on here at home, watch tv, eat, surf the net. Hmm, my colleague called me up this morning if I could do overtime in 8 Main. I'd love to but it's the 18th birthday of my lovely sister today, and we'll have a family dinner later. I don't wanna miss it, coz I already missed her sweet 16th before.


Photobucket


So yeah, my sis is already 18. How time flies so fast. I'm so proud of her. She's smart and beautiful. We're not that close but she knows I'm always here for her. She's a senior now, and by fall season, she's gonna go to college. She passed all the schools that she wanted. No doubt coz she ranks 9th among all the senior students. Probably there are 600-700 of them. (Mana talaga sa ate! nyaha!) So she's trying to figure out now where she'll be. She's trying to choose between University of Florida and University of Austin in Texas, and she'll be taking up Pharmacy. It's amazing that their pharmacy course here is automatically PhD, and that's for 6 years. She can do it, I'm certain with that.


She came home a while ago from school and I gave her my gift. She was surprised and I was glad that she liked what I gave. I got her a Juicy Couture perfume set from Nordstrom.

Photobucket


I know she liked opening gifts. I used to give her money but sometimes I would rather receive a present. It's the feeling of unwrapping gifts that's more exciting. My little sister (10-year old) was funny too. She made a card for her ate and inside the envelope she put a dollar. Lol. We kept on laughing.

As for me, I got myself a makeover the other day. haha! Trip trip lang. I got my hair permed.

Photobucket


I look different but I like it. More sophisticated. But I was having a hard time fixing my hair. I thought it would be easier, but I found it tiresome, like you have to apply a mousse, which I haven't done in my entire life, lol. Then you must use a dryer with a diffuser. A change for me too coz I need to buy shampoo and conditioner that's good for a curled hair. Wahhh! Kinda expensive pala. But it's all good. Sometimes a dare for a change is a challenge and exciting. Sometime again, I'll go back to my straight hair, when this would grow out.

Hmm... my mom and I also went shopping this morning. She came from work, then she called me up that we'll meet at the mall. Yeah I remember today was the start of the sale in Macy's for their make ups and shoes. For the shoes, you'll buy one and get one for a dollar. So I fixed myself and drove over there. My mom bought her make ups and she got 2 pairs of shoes, because of that promo. But as for me, I didn't like the shoes that were on the sale, but I got a pair of shoes from nine west, a 4-in patent shoes. It was less 10% off the original price

Photobucket


Gahh, I've been a sucker for shoes lately. I think a month ago, I bought a pair of shoes too from Naturalizer.

Photobucket


Oh well, those are my addiction, and purses as well. I miss shopping in the Philippines. I miss VNC! haha! I got 3 pairs of shoes in VNC when I went home last Dec, coz it's so cheap when you convert it in dollars. Here, a pair of shoes would cost me $60-$75. In PI, a pair is just $30. Not bad at all!

Hayyy, enough for shopping na. Next month uli, lol. Haha! I gotta save for my trip to Cali! My best friends Tintin and Chippy are visiting in California from Manila, so I can't wait to meet them. They won't be able to travel east coast siguro, so I opt to just go there myself in California. I can't wait!!! We must go to Vegas and it would be fun!

Arighty, these are all for now. =) Byers!

No comments: