Saturday, December 09, 2006

Time is precious

Christmas Day is about 16 days to go, and my family is flying back to Philippines two weeks from now. Well my dad is flying ahead on Tuesday. I'll surely miss them. That's why I wanna spend quality time with them as of now. I wonder what I'm gonna do on the holidays. I wish I'll be busy with work, so that I cannot think of them that much, or else I would burst into tears on Christmas eve. Nah, just kidding. If ever I don't have a duty that day, I'll spend Christmas with my 2 cousins and together we'll make it merry. hehe.

I haven't done my Christmas shopping yet, coz I don't have my salary yet. It'll be next week, so I have to rush my shopping by then coz I wanna send gifts to my best friends in PI and my mom has to bring them with her.

Anyways, talking about my week, it was pretty good. I had a 12-hour duty last Wednesday and it was my first time to have that sched (7AM-7PM). It was tiring coz I'm not used to it yet. I was able to get out of my unit at around 8PM already. But the bulk of this week comprised of my classes. Monday I had my first day of preceptorship class, and we discussed wound care, safety, stuffs like that. Every Monday (except on the holidays) until the 2nd wk of January are my classes. Then just this Thu and Fri we had EKG class, and good thing it had a credit of 12 hours of Continuing Education. We need 25 hours a year. And I'm proud to say I got 100% on my EKG exam!!! YEYYYY!!! haha! Made my day great of course.

As for now, I'm spending my time with my family. I was supposed to have a duty yesterday night (11PM to 7AM), which was not on my sched. It was actually an option, whether I wanna take it or not, coz this week I just had 32 hours, so I lack 4 hours. But then I asked my manager if I really have to make it 36 hours. She said it's my choice but I would just be paid for 32 hours. Then I thought, it's fine. Especially now that my family is about to leave and my dad's condition isn't that good, my priority is to go home and spend time with them. Money cannot buy my time with my family. I said to myself that I can do overtime later on, but not now. We don't know how things will turn out to be in a snap. And I don't wanna have regrets later on that I didn't spend time with my dad. Work is just there but my time with my dad & family is a different story. I'm really saddened with the fact that I cannot spend Christmas with him. We don't know if this will be his last Christmas, so I'm making the most out of my weekend. Tomorrow we'll have a gathering here at home to celebrate in advanced his birthday and may be it will be a sort-of advanced Christmas party for the clan, before everyone leaves for PI.

But work matters, I'm having fun so far. I mean I'm enjoying the learning process. Even though I struggle I understand, because if I want to be successful, I really have to start from scratch, experience how to slowly climb the staircase until I reach the top and stand tall in the pedestal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kat! glad that working woman ka na pala ngayon and you're doing well. =) it's just sad na you can't be with your family this Christmas, d bale ano ang ginagawa ng webcam hehehe...

Merry Christmas and hope your father will get well soon...